Inspired by the approach of Venture Capital, and often created by technology Entrepreneurs familiar with Venture Capital, Venture Philanthropy uses concepts from Venture Capital and high technology start up management techniques such as:
- a focus on measurable results and benchmarks,
- a strong willingness to experiment and pivot when change is needed,
- achieving goals by combining financial resources and human capital,
- a focus on building Organizational Capacity,
- high involvement with Donors (Investors) in Grantees (Investee organizations), and
- multi-year approaches with a constant view to an Exit Strategy.
to facilitate and accelerate social or environmental change. Some example Venture Philanthropy organizations include: